Egg Keema is a take on the traditional a flavorful minced meat (beef or lamb) dish said to have originated in Persia but extremely popular in the Indian sub-continent. Try this great variation to the classic recipe using Hard Boiled Eggs – a perfect protein-packed delight for vegetarians who eat eggs.
This recipe needs boiled egg and no meat is used. Egg keema pairs well with chapathi or plain rice. I suggest using a good flavorful garam masala powder. The flavor and taste of the dish depends on the masala. It’s best enjoyed as a snack or with some bread as a light dinner. It’s also a street food favorite
Eggs are beneficial in a variety of ways, but are especially helpful to give an ‘eggetarian’ a good dose of protein.
Egg Keema | Boiled Egg Keema Step by Step video
Egg Keema | Boiled Egg Keema Step by Step Recipe card
Visit my other popular and related recipes collection like
How to make Egg Keema Step by Step Process
- Hard boil eggs and set aside.
2. Grate boiled eggs and keep them aside
3. Heat oil in a pan
4. Saute cumin seeds and green chilies.
5. Add onions and ginger garlic paste. Fry until they turn golden.
6. Add tomatoes and turmeric. Fry tomatoes together with onions until mushy.
7. Add chili powder and coriander powder
8. Saute until the raw smell goes off.
9. Add garma masala and little water.
10. Cook on medium heat with lid covered for 2 mins
11. Cook until the mixture thickens.
12. Add grated eggs and mix gently.
13. Add lemon juice and mix gently until egg is coated well with masala.
14. Serve hot with plain rice or Roti