Since ganesh Chaturthi is around, thought of making a separate post oh how to make rice rava for undrallu.
Making rice rava at home is fairly easily. It can be used to make rice rava upma, kudumulu or undrallu , uppidipindi .
To make rice rava, rice is soaked for atleast 2 hours and then dried on a cloth till completely dry and then it is pulsed or ground in a blender coarsely.
I would always suggest one to use aged rice to get non sticky undrallu. Aged sona masuri is another best choice.
I suggest you to make this rice rava one to two days ahead of the festival.
Visit my other popular and related recipes collection like
How to make Cracked Rice with Step by Step:
1.Wash the rice thoroughly and soak for at least 2 hours. If you do not have time, you can just wash and drain off in a colander.
2. After the water is drained completely, transfer the rice to a dry clean cloth.
3. Spread it evenly and dry for about 2hrs or sun dry till they dry completely.
4. Powder the rice to ravva in a mixer jar.
5. Sieve to remove flour from ravva.
6. Use only the ravva for undrallu and store the flour aside to use in other recipes.
7. Make sure the ravva is dry fully before you store in a jar.