OATS-LENTIL DOSA / LENTIL CREPE /A HEALTHY BREAKFAST with detailed photo and video recipe – A Healthy alternative to Dosa made with Oats and Different types of Lentils. The crisp dosas are now our most favourites which are the result of experiments with different ingredients.
This OATS-LENTIL DOSA is a combination of different dals(lentils) and oats. Oats add the nutritive value to this protein packed crepe. I have skipped the rice this time and replaced them with oats, the most fiberous yet a glutton free grain which not only controls the blood sugar but also helps to lose the weight.
This dosa can be prepared instant but I had fermented the batter for a few hours. Fermentation results in a smooth batter and makes the dosas crispier. It is considered to be Superfood because of its high protein content, high in iron, magnesium.
I tried this newer version to convert regular Dosa into much more healthier Dosa with all the healthy ingredients and got a very good success, everyone in my family loves this equally as the regular Dosa.
Dosa turned out super crispy. Very glad to share with you all this unique and creative oats Dosa recipe.
I have used Chana dal, Mong Dal, Urad dal, Toor dal and masoor dal along with Oats. If you don’t have or don’t want to use any of the Dal mentioned, you may simply skip it and increase the other dal quantity with same proportion.
Visit my other popular and related recipes collection like
How to make Oats Lentil Dosa with step by step :
1.Wash and soak dals for 3-4 hours
2. Soak oats separately for half an hour
3. Add soaked dals, oats, with little water to a grinder and prepare a smooth batter.
4. Transfer the batter to a vessel and keep for fermentation at a warm place
5. Now add salt and sufficient water to make a semi-thick batter of pouring consistency.
6. Heat dosa tawa at high flame and sprinkle some oil and then water to cool it down. Wipe it with a kitchen towel.
7. Next drop 1 tablespoon of batter in the centre Spread the batter in a circular motion. Reduce the flame to medium and let the dosa cook
8. Within a few minutes, the surface will become dry. Time to sprinkle some oil or ghee. The dosa will start to leave the sides
9. You can serve OATS-LENTIL DOSA with SAMBHAR AND CHUTNEY