Pesara Garelu (పెసర గారెలు) | Moong dal Vada How to make Vada Recipe with detailed video and photo recipe – Traditional Andhra snack made with whole mung beans, ginger and green chillies
Whole Moong Dal Vada is a traditional Andhra snack made with mung beans, ginger and green chillies. Vada is a South Indian style savory fried donut that is usually made with lentils and spices. These can be served as a snack or breakfast with chutney or sambar. You can also make these as a Naivedyam during festivals such as Makar Sankranti, Ugadi and Dasara.
Pesara Garelu (పెసర గారెలు) is one of my favourite easy to make recipes. It’s a yummy, crispy and highly nutritious snack. I’m pretty sure that this pesara garelu recipe will not let you down. It makes you ever ready for unexpected guests in no time.
Pesalu or green gram or Moong Dal… Call it by any name but the nutrients remain the same. Bunch of nutrients rich in protein and fibre Moong Dal is a packed bunch of nutrients and is energy-filled food.
Pesara Garelu taste the best when accompanied with freshly ground ginger chutney and coconut chutney. My child loves to dip this Pesara garelu in the tomato ketchup and take a crunchy bite. Of course, I discourage the use of tomato ketchup as it contains preservatives.
Pesara Garelu (పెసర గారెలు) | Moong dal Vada How to make Vada Recipe Video recipe :
Recipe Card :
Visit my other popular and related recipes collection like
How to make Green moong dal Vada with Step by Step :
1.Wash and soak the whole green moong dal in a lot of water for 6 hours or over night.
2. Drain the water. Grind the soaked beans, green chillies,cumin seeds, salt and ginger into a little coarse or smooth paste. Use very little water if needed.
3. Transfer into bowl, add chopped onions, coriander leaves and curry leaves. Mix well.
4. Heat oil in a pan for deep frying.
5. Wet your hands and take a lemon sized ball of batter and flatten it on your palm or on a plastic sheet. Make a small hole in the middle of the vada so that it cooks evenly all over.
6. Slowly drop it into the hot oil. Fry it on both sides on medium flame til golden brown color.
7. Remove them from oil.
8. Serve hot with any chutney .