Ragi banana walnut bread is a loaf of easy and healthy banana bread with millet flour and oats. It is a sweet and moist banana bread recipe.
Eggless Healthy Ragi Banana Cake with No flour or refined sugar! This cake has all things GOOD in it- Ragi flour, Oats and Jaggery.
Ragi also known as finger millet widely used in South India cuisine. Ragi is known for its huge health benefits, it is an excellent source of minerals, iron, protein and dietary fiber.
Ragi is recommended by the pediatrician as a first baby food in South India. Also, a super healthy food for the diabetes people because ragi helps in controlling the blood sugar level.
You can use ragi in varieties of dishes like RAGI PORRIDGE, RAGI DOSA, RAGI IDLI
- You can replace the oats flour with whole wheat flour.
- Add sugar according to your taste.
- Use ripe bananas that give a natural sweetness and flavor to the bread.
It has bananas,Ragi and Oats.The Sugar I have used is Cocunut sugar- you can use Jaggery or Palm or Raw Sugar- These are less refined versions of the white sugar and hence contain more nutrients.
This is a perfectly healthy cake which both adults and children will LOVE!!
Benefits of Ragi:
- Ragi has 30 times more Calcium than rice or wheat!
- It’s has natural Iron that becomes bio available by sprouting the Ragi hence its the IRON that actually gets absorbed by the body!
- #It has 3 times more FIBER than rice or Wheat.Also it’s Gluten Free and sustainable!
Visit my other popular and related recipes collection like
How to make Ragi Banana Bread with Step by Step :
1.Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C or 360 degree F.
2.Prepare the loaf Pan by lining it with butter paper and oiling it on all sides or grease with butter
3.In a large bowl,Mix the Ragi,Oats,Baking Powder,Baking soda & Salt together.
4.Take another bowl and Mash the Bananas.Add the Cocunut sugar, Oil and Yogurt and whisk.
5.Pour the liquid banana mix into the Flour mixture. Mix it all well together.
6.Pour into a loaf Pan. Add walnuts and sliced almonds on top
7.Bake for 30-40 minutes till the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
8.Cut into slices and serve.