Veg Burger | mcdonalds burger | Easy Homemade Burger recipe with detailed photo and view recipe – A homemade veggie burger is better and much tastier than the ones from the fast food centers.
Summer is here, which means lots of outdoor parties, grilling and of course burgers!
The mixed vegetable patties are so flavorful and the spiced mayonnaise sauce makes it even better! These burgers are perfect for grilling at your next summer BBQ.
But this time around when I was craving for masala burgers, I thought of making them at home. And these turned out so good you guys! The patties are spicy, flavorful and pair so well with the spicy burger sauce. I added some chili sauce to the mayonnaise to make it little spicy.
Topped with sliced tomato, onion, cucumber and lettuce, these veggie burgers made a hearty meal. I ate one for dinner and one the next day for lunch! Next time, I might try freezing the patties, this time we just finished them pretty quickly.
How to make ?
These veg burgers are really easy to make if you plan ahead. I usually make the dressing one day ahead and refrigerate so that saves some time. I stare by steaming the veggies for the burger patties in a steamer or cooker.
While they steam i prepare the lettuce, onions and tomatoes to go with the dressing.
I use a large pan and shallow fry all the 5 to 6 burger patties at one go. This really saves a lot of time rather than frying them in batches. The easiest of all these is to grill these in an oven in a single batch.
In this veg burger recipe, i have made the patties the same way i made the mixed veg cutlet. However you can also use these soya chunks cutlet or sweet corn cutlet or healthy kabab for patties.
Visit my other popular and related recipes collection like
How to make Veg burger with step by step :
Make the Burger Patties
1.Chop potatoes, carrots and green beans. Place them in a steamer basket . Add 1 cup water to the inner steel pot of your Instant Pot and then place the steamer basket inside.
2. Close the lid and press the steam button. Steam (high pressure) for 2 minutes and then do a quick pressure release. Remove the basket carefully from the Instant Pot. You may also steam veggies using your regular steamer over a pot of water.
3. Add all steamed veggies into mixing bowl.
4. Start mashing the veggies using a potato masher.
5. Add the bread crumbs, pepper powder, amchur and salt. Mix well.
6. Mix until its well combined. We will now make patties out of this mixture.
7. Make equal sized patties from the mixture. Set them aside.
7. Roll the prepared patties into bread crumbs and keep them aside.
Make the Batter & Fry The Patties
1. Make the batter to fry the patties by mixing together cornstarch with water until you get a smooth paste. The paste should be thick and coat the patties.
2. Heat 3-4 tablespoons oil on medium heat. Once the oil is hot, dip patties (one at a time) into the batter and then roll into a plate of breadcrumbs.
3. Drop the patties into the hot oil, one at a time. Fry until the patties are golden brown from both sides. You may also deep fry them. Fry all patties in a similar way and place on a tissue paper to drain oil.
Make the Burger Sauce
1.To make the burger sauce, add to a bowl- mayonnaise, chili sauce.
2. Mix until you get a smooth sauce. Set it aside.
Assemble the Burger
1.To assemble the burgers, heat the burger buns on a pan on medium heat. You may apply some butter or oil while heating the buns.
2. Apply generous amount of prepared burger sauce on both parts of the bun, then place a piece of lettuce on one side.
3. Add the prepared burger patty and top with tomato, and onion .
4. Close the burger and serve immediately. Repeat steps to make the remaining burgers. Enjoy masala vegetarian burger as such or with a side of french fries!