Masala vada | మసాలా వడ | Perfect Crispy Masala Wada | How to Make Masala Wada with detailed photo and video recipe – Dal vada also called as paruppu vadai or chana dal vada are spiced and crunchy fritters made with chana dal (bengal gram) and spices.
Add the masala vada recipe to your list of favorite snacks as this vada is super-tasty. It is common to make this snack, also known as chana dal vada or dal vada, for festivals like vara maha lakshmi vrata, ugadi, dasara and diwali. Many make this food for special events like birthday parties. Discover the masala vada recipe and make and relish this crunchy and crispy vada.
A highlight of this chana dal vada recipe is it uses four types of green leaves. These are curry, coriander, dill and pudina leaves. The nutritional value of the masala vada increases because of these ingredients.
In addition to the dal and the green leaves, an item that gives this vada a superb taste is rice flour. Use only fresh flour, preferably home-made rice flour to make tastier vadas.
What is the secret to crunchy masala vadas? Coarse grind the chana dal, green leaves and other ingredients as detailed in the relevant step.
Many of the south indian vegetarian darshinis (small, self-service restaurants), in Karnataka, make these vadas, particularly for lunch. A distinction between the masala vadas made at homes and hotels is the size of the vadas. The restaurants usually make bigger vadas.
Masala vada | మసాలా వడ | Perfect Crispy Masala Wada | How to Make Masala Wada video recipe :
A rice dish that has a superb fit with the masala vada is chitranna or lemon rice.
Visit my other popular and related recipes collection like
How to make masala vada with step by step :
1.In a large bowl wash and soak 1 cup chana dal for 2 hours.
2. Drain off the water and rest for 10 minutes. so that all water will be drained off.
3. Add red chili, fennel seeds, cumin seeds, ginger into blender.
4. blend into coarse.
5. Reserve the 3 tbsp soaked chana dal into seperate bowl.
6. Transfer the remaining dal to a blender and blend to coarse paste without adding any water. add just a tsp of water if required.
7. now transfer the coarse dal paste into large mixing bowl.
8. add reserved chana dal, 1 onion chopped, few curry leaves, 3 tbsp coriander leaves, and salt to taste.
9. combine them well.
10. grease your hand with oil and prepare small balls, flatten the vada.
11. deep fry in hot oil.
12. stir occasionally till the vada turns golden and crisp.
13. serve masala vada hot along with masala chai.