Vegetarian Taco Soup – Instant Pot with detailed photo and video recipe – Stay warm with this healthy Vegetarian Taco Soup made in a pressure cooker. This hearty soup is a dump-and-go recipe with lots of black beans, corn, peppers, and tomatoes to create a delicious, satisfying dinner.
With all the wonderful ingredients, this is a very nutritious soup. It’s packed with fiber, protein and carbohydrates. Also, this one-pot recipe in a pressure cooker means less hassle and cleanup. Perfect for busy fall schedules!
It does not get boring to eat multiple times as you can jazz up this soup with the variety of toppings. I have included various options so everyone can pick and choose what they like. Create a topping bar and get the kids or your guests interested in creating their favorite soup bowls.
This taco soup is made with basic ingredients in your kitchen: canned black beans, frozen corn, and canned diced tomatoes. I always have some veggies in the refrigerator that can be added to the soup, such as bell peppers and onions.
This is an easy dump-and-go taco soup recipe. Add the ingredients to the pot in order, and you don’t even need to stir them.
Why you will love this Vegetarian Taco Soup!
- Vegetarian & gluten-free (or vegan if you skip a few toppings)
- Easy one-pot recipe
- Dump and go
- Healthy with all the wonderful ingredients
- Lots of options with toppings
- Perfect for meal prep or entertaining
I used canned black beans in this recipe, however you can also pre-cook black beans in the pressure cook and then use them in this recipe.
Set your pressure cooker to pressure cook for 6 minutes and then let the pressure release naturally. I used store-brought taco seasoning in this recipe, however, check recipe notes for using basic spices in place of taco seasoning.
This Taco Soup will last for about 4 days in the refrigerator. You can also freeze it in small portions in airtight containers. When ready to eat, reheat in the microwave or on the stove.
Visit my other popular and related recipes collection like
How to make Taco soup in Instant Pot with step by step :
1.Set the instantpot option to saute mode.
2. Add oil to pot
3. Once the oil is hot add crushed garlic and chopped onion. Saute for 2 mins
4. Add all the remaining ingredients to your pot in this order: black beans,tomatoes, corn, green bell peppers,tomato paste, taco seasoning, salt, and vegetable broth. Mix well.
5. Close lid with vent in sealing position. Set on pressure cook mode for 6 minutes at high pressure.
6. When the pressure cooker beeps, let the pressure release naturally (NPR). Open the lid. Taste and adjust salt if needed. Garnish with cilantro leaves.
7. Serve with any of the optional toppings you like!