Eggless Christmas cake | Plum cake | Fruit cake with detailed photo and video recipe – The Christmas fruit cake is made with homemade instant soaked fruits and nuts. It is one of the easiest yet delicious holiday cake recipe. Made with wholesome, real ingredients, this fruit cake is moist and perfectly balanced in flavor.
This fruit cake is full flavoured and very moist so unlike other cakes, you don’t need a frosting to make it ultra delish to eat!
How to serve Christmas Cake This Christmas Fruit Cake is rich and moist, with a ton of flavour from the fruit so it’s absolutely delish eaten plain.
It is a light and crumbly cake, and light on fruit and candied peel only currants , raisins , sultanas and cherries . Soak all dry fruits in grape juice. We can also use any juice. Soak for atleast 1 hrs. If we have more time, soak for 8 hrs for best results.
It’s a fruit cake that’s incredibly easy to make, with a rich, velvety texture that’s full flavoured and so moist it can be eaten plain! (But no one turns away a slosh of custard!) Just as good made on the day – or weeks later.
I have made fruit cake with whole wheat and palm jaggery. This is very tasty and my one of my favorite cake.
How to Store Homemade Fruit Cake: After the cakes have cooled, store in air tight container.
Eggless Christmas plum cake with detailed video recipe :
Eggless Christmas plum cake recipe card :
Visit my other popular and related recipes collection like
How to make Eggless Plum Cake with step by step :
HOW TO SOAK DRIED FRUITS FOR A PERFECT CHRISTMAS FRUITCAKE:
1.In a glass jar take chopped dates, raisins and mixed berries.
2. soak in grape juice. you can alternatively soak in orange juice, apple juice.
3. mix well and soak for atleast 1 hour or until the dried fruits absorb all the juice.
PLUM CAKE BATTER PREPARATION:
1.In a large bowl take warm water and sugar.
2. Beat well until the sugar melts completely.
3. Now add oil . continue to beat for 2 mins.
4. Sieve maida,baking soda and baking powder.
5. Now add salt, nutmeg powder, orange zest and vanilla extract.
6. using a spatula, mix using cut and fold method. do not over mix as the cake turns chewy then.
7. Add chopped walnuts and Almonds
8. now add soaked dried fruits. make sure the dried fruits have absorbed all the juice, else drain off the juice and add dried fruits.
9. mix gently, making sure the dried fruits are well combined.
10. Transfer the fruit cake batter to a cake tin.
11. Make sure to line a butter paper at the bottom to prevent from sticking and also tap twice to level up uniformly and remove any air bubbles if present.
12. place the cake pan into the preheated oven and bake at 160 degree or 375 F for 1 hour.
13. Insert a toothpick and check if the cake has baked completely.
14. cool the cake and then unmould the eggless christmas cake.
15. Enjoy eggless Christmas cake or store in an airtight container and serve up to a week.